Minimize.

I just finished reading a blog on how this guy minimized his stuff and now feels alot better for it.  The man is right.  Minimizing is also a good way to save money, which has been my new thing now since I decided to make a budget and stick to it.

I have way too many things.

I need to figure out why I have so many things, and I think i know why.  I am a bit impulsive… I find something I like and buy it.  I don’t give it enough thought.  Then I end up with way too many things, because I think that this bag is a better representation of what I want.  I need to think about this a bit more before I go ahead and start selling/giving away stuff.

Right off the bat, I know that I should get rid of: cheap shit that has no sentimental value, stuff that doesn’t look on me, stuff that I have “repeats” of, and stuff that I haven’t worn in a year or more.

Now, I can do that, but what I need to do is prevent bringing more stuff in.  As I am writing this, I have a skinny gold ring and a custom handbag on its way to me.  I sold two handbags, I buy one.  Hm.  Well, that’s not going to work.

I need to REALLY love what I buy; I have noticed this behavior where I buy something and it’s 75% awesome.  So, I feel I need to find something else to fill up the other 25%, so that two make one 100% awesome thing?  Nope, that doesn’t add up.

The budget has been working out well.  I have been able to stick to it and not overspend.  I was able to buy my Virgin Mobile Blackberry and this custom bag I am getting from the sales of my other two bags.  So that works.  This Friday, I get my new paycheck with our new lower health insurance.  I hope that it makes a difference in my paycheck.  It will be more money that I can put towards my huge credit card bill.  I will also be paying $35 less a month since I cut my cell phone bill in half, so that’s an extra $35/month that I can put to good use.

So far, so good.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: